Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer

In this sequel to the Twilight Series, Stephenie Meyer takes a look from the viewpoint of one of the young "newborn" vampires from the book Eclipse, Bree Tanner. Being a die hard Twilight fan I just had to get this on my Kindle and give it a go.  It was an intriguing story, looking at the world through the eyes of the newborn without the morals of the Cullen family, but that also made the story extremely violent and pretty gory.  A bit much for my taste.  Ms. Meyer has an amazing way to keep you interested in the story and I couldn't put the book down, but knowing the ending before you begin reading was a bit of a downside. I'm on the fence with recommending this one as a "clean read"--no sex or profanity really, but the violence was pretty strong!

Rating: PG-13
Sex-none
Violence-Extreme
Profanity: D-mn 2, H-ll 2